Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Crazy Clown Time


I just recently discovered the incredible David Lynch, cult film director and painter, among other things, is now also a recording artist. His amazing debut album Crazy Clown Time was released on the 7th this month and successfully translates his visual surrealism to a new medium.

Lynch describes his music as modern blues, but postmodern is more like it; woozy synths, twanging electric guitars and processed vocals. The songs on the album are eerie and often confusing, quite like his films.

4 comments:

  1. Nice, I absolutely love his 'Inland Empire', you should definitely check it out if you can handle 3 hours of Lynch-ness.

    I'll ook into this, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've seen it. :) I'm not new to Lynch, just to his music.

    You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figured, I just wasn't sure whether you'd seen IE :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw it a few months after it came out. Can't remember much of it, to be honest. Wasn't blown away by it. I should prob. rewatch it, so I can form a better and well-substantiated opinion about it.

    My fav. Lynch movies (in no particular order) are Eraserhead, Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive.

    ReplyDelete